Furnace Repair & System Maintenance
Our local pros can handle all of your heating and cooling repair needs including service for your furnace, boiler, HVAC units, and heat pumps
Heating Repair and Furnace Services
When it’s cold outside and your heat doesn’t work, finding a furnace repair expert you can trust becomes your top priority. ABEL Heating and Cooling has over 70 years of experience working with all types of residential and commercial heating systems. We offer furnace repair, emergency service calls, and maintenance to keep all types of heating systems running efficiently.
ABEL Heating and Cooling offers a wide range of heating repair and furnace services for residential and commercial customers. Our heating repair and furnace services include:
- Installation of Lennox, Carrier, Payne, Air Flow
- Repair and Installation – Of all major brands
- Free Estimates – Wondering how much a unit replacement will cost? Our quotes are free of charge.
- Gas, Oil, Electric and Solar Conversions – For flexibility in unit requirements
- Post-Installation Inspections – Assures that everything runs problem free
- Design Support – Based on your individual needs
- Custom Duct Work – To fit your building’s unique floor plan
We often receive calls from concerned homeowners who were told their aging heating system cannot be fixed. Our second opinion service offers an honest, unbiased look at your entire system. After working with local customers for over 70 years, we know our customers value lasting results and honest, old-fashioned service. An experienced heating repair technician will look at your system and give you an honest recommendation. We may recommend a new system or find a way to fix your old one. Either way, we’ll take the time to explain our recommendations and answer any questions you have.
We’re so glad that you found our heating repair and furnace service. No matter what’s wrong with your system, we’re here to help.
Call Abel Heating and Cooling Today
Abel Heating and Cooling has served generations of local families, businesses and churches for over seven decades.
Heating System Maintenance
- It’s Murphy’s Law – Your heating unit will fail:
- During the lowest chill factor and coldest day of the year
- During the holidays
- When you or a family member are sick with the flu, or…
You don’t have to dress like an Eskimo in your own home! When it comes to a major integral component of your home, like your furnace, there are hundreds of reasons why an inspection and tune-up of your furnace is necessary on a yearly basis, but here are five:
- To ensure the highest possible energy efficiency and reliability.
- To see that the thermostat setting you want is the thermostat setting you’re getting.
- To maintain safe, efficient and environmentally friendly use of fuels.
- To see that your system has adequate air flow.
- To Save You Money.
What are the top no-heat service calls?
- Clogged or dirty air filter
- A dirty flame sensor
- Furniture is backed up against a return vent
- High limit safety shut-downs
- Blower motor failure caused by stress due to lack of maintenance
- Over RPMing due to no load of air
- Water or condensate leaking on critical circuit boards
- Rodents (birds, raccoons, chipmunks, snakes, mice, insects) chewing, urinating or nest building, etc..
This covers your furnace, but what about your water heater? Our technician monitors for back-drafting to avoid low-level carbon monoxide caused by orphaned water heaters. This is a serious threat to the learning ability of children and short-term memory losses in adults.
What Our Customers Say
"Out of 4 HVAC companies that we dealt with during the -30 degree cold snap and our furnace breaking down, Abel far exceeded them all! All of their staff are friendly, understanding, and knowledgeable. They were upfront about pricing, arrived quickly, and were very pleasant to work with! We definitely recommend their services and will use them again!"
– Christine Bluhm
"Great service! Responded promptly on a VERY cold day. Identified the source of the problem, made necessary repair, AND explained what had happened. Will keep their contact information close and am happy to recommend them!"
– David Rubenstein
“As a facilities manager, I have real peace of mind knowing Fred is only a phone call away. He keeps our equipment in top condition, solves any equipment problems and works with me to keep our costs down. I can strongly recommend Fred and ABEL Heating and Cooling to any company if they value peace of mind in the mechanical operations of their facility.”
- Harold M
“The landlord had two different service companies look at the problem. Their solution was to add equipment for a cost to American Express of approximately $10,000. This was not an acceptable solution. Upon completion of ABEL Heating and Cooling’s detailed site analysis, it was presented to us that a simple modification would solve the problem vs. adding equipment. The recommendation from ABEL Heating and Cooling worked and saved American Express $8,000 on this one issue.”
- Joe Swanson – American Express Real Estate
Is there anything I can check myself before I call you for service?
Is ABEL Heating and Cooling locally owned and operated?
We sure are! Feel free to come out, have a cup of coffee and see us in person.
6501 County Rd 15
Minnetrista, MN 55364
What certifications, associations & Licenses does ABEL Heating and Cooling have?
We are a member of the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and hold an “A+” rating.
We have an “A” rating on Angie’s List.
We are a member of the IAQA (Indoor Air Quality Association) .
We hire NATE Certified technicians (North American Technician Excellence).
We are licensed Master Gas Fitters, Warm Air & Hot Water technicians.
We are EPA Refrigerant Certified
How often should I change my furnace filter?
How often the equipment runs
The conditions around your equipment when it runs
The filter you have
How often should my heating & A/C system be checked?
(Humidifiers, air to air exchangers, etc. are also serviced during a “tune up”)
What is the biggest energy user in my home?
How do I keep my windows dry in winter?
What can I do for my family members with asthma or allergies?
What is the “warm room” concept?
Is solar hot water cost effective?
What is electronic zoning? What are the benefits?
Why are some areas in my building hotter than others?
The Efficiency rating on my furnace, what does it mean?
What size furnace do I need?
Do I qualify for a rebate since I just got a high-efficiency furnace?
When should I replace my furnace?
Furnaces should last for 10-20 years under normal circumstances.
Lifetime depends upon:
- How well it has been maintained
- How often it has been used
- Under what conditions it has been used
(A furnace that has gone through a remodeling project could have lost a few years)