ABEL Has Been Providing Quality Heating and Air Conditioning Service 1944
Located in the Minnetonka suburbs of Minneapolis, ABEL Heating and Cooling offers heating and air conditioning service, installation and repair services. We serve homeowners, business owners, and congregations throughout the area with expert heating and air conditioning services. From designing and installing a brand new system to maintaining and repairing existing systems, our experienced technicians are here to help.
Our goals haven’t changed since we opened our doors in 1944: we want to offer high quality workmanship and excellent service on every heating and air conditioning service call. We know that you value your time, and we want to do the job right the first time, every time.
The ABEL Heating and Cooling HVAC Service Difference
For over 70 years, as our customers’ needs have changed and grown, we’ve changed and grown. We’ve added many services to our basic heating and cooling systems since we opened our doors in 1944.
Today, ABEL Heating and Cooling HVAC services include:
- Heating and air conditioning service, maintenance, repair, and installation.
- Hot water heater repair and installation.
- Boiler, furnace and heating repair, installation, maintenance.
- Iron oxide filtration system for boilers – a portable removal system
- Indoor air quality testing and assessment.
- Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant (CIEC) on staff for consultations.
- “Healthy House” assessments for air quality.
- Special design needs, such as multiple heating and cooling control panels, quiet systems and more.
- WiFi Stats
- RTU installation and consultations (remote monitoring of your HVAC system).
- Remote, computerized control for heating and cooling systems.
- Energy efficient consultations.
- “Second opinions” for repairs.
- Customer service guaranteed.
Our Customers Are Like Family
So many of our customers are like family to us because we’ve been serving their families for generations. We know you value quality workmanship and lasting relationships. We do, too. We guarantee your satisfaction on every job or we’ll work with you until it’s right. That’s our promise to you and your family. That’s the ABEL Heating and Cooling HVAC difference.
Our History: About Us
Although the exact date when ABEL B & C Inc. heating and air conditioning was founded is lost in history, a plaque found in our headquarters from the Lennox company dates the operations to at least 1944. The company operated from a home base in Excelsior, Minnesota until 2008. At that time, in order to better serve both residential and commercial clients in the surrounding areas, ABEL merged with Onsite Mechanical to become ABEL Heating and Cooling.
Fred Ridler, the current owner of Abel Heating and Cooling, has many years working in the heating, plumbing and air conditioning business. At age 6, Fred began working at his grandfather’s shop, organizing pipes and fittings. Later on while in high school, Fred helped his uncles install and repair boiler and furnace systems. His commercial training includes technical education in heating and cooling systems, as well as installation, repair and maintenance. He also has extensive additional education and training in indoor air quality – ensuring healthy air quality within homes, churches and commercial buildings.
Licenses and Affiliations
State Licenced heating and cooling services Minneapolis
ABEL Heating and Cooling has earned the following licenses and professional affiliations:
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) “A+” Rating
- “A” rating on Angie’s List
- Member of the Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA)
- We hire NATE Certified technicians (North American Technician Excellence)
- Licensed Master Gas Fitters, Warm Air & Hot Water technicians
- We hold status with Honeywell as an Authorized Weatherization Contractor
- Accredited with the MBPA (Minnesota Building Performance Association) and encourage energy efficient homes
- EPA Refrigerant and Lead-Safe Certified
ABEL Heating and Cooling
6501 County Road 15
Minnetrista, MN 55364
What our customers say:
Great service! Responded promptly on a VERY cold day. Identified the source of the problem, made necessary repair, AND explained what had happened. Will keep their contact information close and am happy to recommend them!
– David Rubenstein
Out of 4 HVAC companies that we dealt with during the -30 degree cold snap and our furnace breaking down, Abel far exceeded them all! All of their staff are friendly, understanding, and knowledgeable. They were upfront about pricing, arrived quickly, and were very pleasant to work with! We definitely recommend their services and will use them again!!
– Christine Bluhm
We called Abel Heating and Cooling on short notice to come out and fix a couple of issues that we had with our building. They we’re able to make it out fast, were efficient and friendly the whole way through.
– Dart Experience
Worry free guarantee