ABEL Has Been Providing Quality Heating and Air Conditioning Service 1944
Located in the Minnetonka suburbs of Minneapolis, we offer heating and air conditioning service, installation and repair services. We serve homeowners, business owners, and congregations throughout the area with expert heating and air conditioning services. From designing and installing a brand new system to maintaining and repairing existing systems, our experienced technicians are here to help.
Our goals haven’t changed since we opened our doors in 1944: we want to offer high quality workmanship and excellent service on every heating and air conditioning service call. We know that you value your time, and we want to do the job right the first time, every time.
Our Service Areas
Call Abel Heating and Cooling Today
Abel Heating and Cooling has served generations of local families, businesses and churches for over seven decades.
The ABEL Heating and Cooling HVAC Service Difference
For over 70 years, as our customers’ needs have changed and grown, we’ve changed and grown. We’ve added many services to our basic heating and cooling systems since we opened our doors in 1944.
Today, Our HVAC Services Include:
- Heating and air conditioning service, maintenance, repair, and installation.
- Hot water heater repair and installation.
- Boiler, furnace and heating repair, installation, maintenance.
- Iron oxide filtration system for boilers – a portable removal system
- Indoor air quality testing and assessment.
- Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant (CIEC) on staff for consultations.
- “Healthy House” assessments for air quality.
- Special design needs, such as multiple heating and cooling control panels, quiet systems and more.
- WiFi Stats
- RTU installation and consultations (remote monitoring of your HVAC system).
- Remote, computerized control for heating and cooling systems.
- Energy efficient consultations.
- “Second opinions” for repairs.
- Customer service guaranteed.
- Our Customers Are Like Family
So many of our customers are like family to us because we’ve been serving their families for generations. We know you value quality workmanship and lasting relationships. We do, too. We guarantee your satisfaction on every job or we’ll work with you until it’s right. That’s our promise to you and your family. That’s the ABEL Heating and Cooling HVAC difference.
Fred Ridler, the current owner of Abel Heating and Cooling, has many years working in the heating, plumbing and air conditioning business. At age 6, Fred began working at his grandfather’s shop, organizing pipes and fittings. Later on while in high school, Fred helped his uncles install and repair boiler and furnace systems. His commercial training includes technical education in heating and cooling systems, as well as installation, repair and maintenance. He also has extensive additional education and training in indoor air quality – ensuring healthy air quality within homes, churches and commercial buildings.
Licenses & Affiliations
ABEL Heating and Cooling has earned the following licenses and professional affiliations:
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) “A+” Rating
- “A” rating on Angie’s List
- Member of the Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA)
- We hire NATE Certified technicians (North American Technician Excellence)
- Licensed Master Gas Fitters, Warm Air & Hot Water technicians
- We hold status with Honeywell as an Authorized Weatherization Contractor
- Accredited with the MBPA (Minnesota Building Performance Association) and encourage energy efficient homes
EPA Refrigerant and Lead-Safe Certified
What Our Customers Say
"Out of 4 HVAC companies that we dealt with during the -30 degree cold snap and our furnace breaking down, Abel far exceeded them all! All of their staff are friendly, understanding, and knowledgeable. They were upfront about pricing, arrived quickly, and were very pleasant to work with! We definitely recommend their services and will use them again!"
– Christine Bluhm
"Great service! Responded promptly on a VERY cold day. Identified the source of the problem, made necessary repair, AND explained what had happened. Will keep their contact information close and am happy to recommend them!"
– David Rubenstein
“As a facilities manager, I have real peace of mind knowing Fred is only a phone call away. He keeps our equipment in top condition, solves any equipment problems and works with me to keep our costs down. I can strongly recommend Fred and ABEL Heating and Cooling to any company if they value peace of mind in the mechanical operations of their facility.”
- Harold M
“The landlord had two different service companies look at the problem. Their solution was to add equipment for a cost to American Express of approximately $10,000. This was not an acceptable solution. Upon completion of ABEL Heating and Cooling’s detailed site analysis, it was presented to us that a simple modification would solve the problem vs. adding equipment. The recommendation from ABEL Heating and Cooling worked and saved American Express $8,000 on this one issue.”
- Joe Swanson – American Express Real Estate