Air Conditioner Maintenance
AC Tune-Ups, Inspection & Maintenance keep your system running quietly and efficiently
Residential AC Maintenance
Our service techs are equipped with low-leak refrigeration tools that can avoid loss of refrigerant, plus a variety of methods not always used by other service people.
Professionally cleaned and maintained equipment will pay for itself in fewer breakdowns and higher efficiency, plus add years to the life span of your unit. (An average expectancy in our area is 18 – 24 years of operation)
ABEL’s 17 Point Precision A/C Tune-Up Plan:
- Inspect and clean condenser coils as needed
- Inspect condenser level
- Inspect proper voltage and amperage
- Inspect thermostat and make adjustments as necessary
- Inspect unit wiring and terminal screws for tightness
- Lubricate where needed
- Inspect for oil and refrigerant leaks
- Inspect refrigerant level
- Inspect service valves
- Inspect safety controls
- Clean condensate drain
- Inspect air temperature split across evaporator coil
- Inspect and clean condensate pumps
- Inspect and replace filters as needed (filter not included)
- Adjust humidifier dampers
- Inspect total performance and operating efficiency of cooling system
- Leave work area clean
What Our Customers Say
"Out of 4 HVAC companies that we dealt with during the -30 degree cold snap and our furnace breaking down, Abel far exceeded them all! All of their staff are friendly, understanding, and knowledgeable. They were upfront about pricing, arrived quickly, and were very pleasant to work with! We definitely recommend their services and will use them again!"
– Christine Bluhm
"Great service! Responded promptly on a VERY cold day. Identified the source of the problem, made necessary repair, AND explained what had happened. Will keep their contact information close and am happy to recommend them!"
– David Rubenstein
“As a facilities manager, I have real peace of mind knowing Fred is only a phone call away. He keeps our equipment in top condition, solves any equipment problems and works with me to keep our costs down. I can strongly recommend Fred and ABEL Heating and Cooling to any company if they value peace of mind in the mechanical operations of their facility.”
- Harold M
“The landlord had two different service companies look at the problem. Their solution was to add equipment for a cost to American Express of approximately $10,000. This was not an acceptable solution. Upon completion of ABEL Heating and Cooling’s detailed site analysis, it was presented to us that a simple modification would solve the problem vs. adding equipment. The recommendation from ABEL Heating and Cooling worked and saved American Express $8,000 on this one issue.”
- Joe Swanson – American Express Real Estate
Is there anything I can check myself before I call you for service?
Yes. Make sure the thermostat is on and your equipment is getting power. There is a power switch on the furnace and a service disconnect on the air conditioner. Also, check your building’s breaker or fuse box. If all of these things are functioning properly and your issue still exists, you probably need to call for assistance.
Is ABEL Heating and Cooling locally owned and operated?
We sure are! Feel free to come out, have a cup of coffee and see us in person.
6501 County Rd 15
Minnetrista, MN 55364
What certifications, associations & Licenses does ABEL Heating and Cooling have?
- We are a member of the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and hold an “A+” rating.
- We have an “A” rating on Angie’s List.
- We are a member of the IAQA (Indoor Air Quality Association) .
- We hire NATE Certified technicians (North American Technician Excellence).
- We are licensed Master Gas Fitters, Warm Air & Hot Water technicians.
- We are EPA Refrigerant Certified