CIEC – Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant
ABEL Heating and Cooling’s CIEC or Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant, seeks to answer the puzzling questions about why people feel sick or uncomfortable inside a building. Hidden hazards such as mold, CO2 or radon gas can be addressed by changes to your HVAC systems and our Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant can identify environmental hazards and recommend options to improve indoor air quality and human health.
Learn more about our CIEC services. Call us at 952-472-COOL (2665).
Indoor Environmental Services for “Sick Buildings”
Our CIEC can identify the cause of ‘sick building syndrome and is professionally trained to look holistically at complaints of sick buildings. Our indoor environmental services include:
- Identification of hidden problems such as mold issues
- Advice on radon
- Boiler, furnace and other system inspection to prevent and address CO2 leaks
- Whole house air filtration systems for allergy and asthma sufferers
- UVA and germicidal lighting expertise to prevent microbial and bacterial growth
- EPA Certified
- Affordable maintenance services and contracts to keep your home or building’s air quality healthy
What Is a Certified Environmental Professional?
A Certified Environmental Professional passes a rigorous set of criteria established by the American Council for Accredited Certification. CIEC certified consultants must have 8 years of consulting experience addressing indoor environmental issues including asbestos, lead, HVAC systems, building science, chemicals, mold, and microbial contamination. Certified Environmental Professional staff must demonstrate their knowledge, education and experience in these fields in a variety of residential and commercial settings.
ABEL Heating and Cooling has passed these certification tests with flying colors. Our Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant has addressed many complex indoor air quality problems successfully. Some of these included:
- A church in which an old boiler’s fiber heat insulation caved in. Unknown to the staff or congregation, unhealthy levels of CO2 were released into the church’s basement, making anyone who walked into the basement sick. We were able to find and fix the problem.
- Employees at a workspace getting mysterious rashes on their arms. We were able to find the culprit, a cleaning solution sprayed by the evening janitorial staff onto the desk surface.
- A testing station for diesel engines that had intermittent air quality issues. We determined that on hot, humid days, air from the vent stacks flowed back into the building. The fumes caused workers to feel sick. Improving the ventilation so that it worked efficiently on both hot and cold days improved the indoor air quality. Installation of carbon pleat filters on their system also helped improve air quality.
These are just a few examples of how ABEL Heating and Cooling’s experience and training has helped improve the environment of our customers. It takes technicians both trained and experienced in indoor air quality, environmental hazards, heating, cooling and plumbing systems to understand how various systems interact to cause environmental hazards. Trust the experts at ABEL Heating and Cooling to get to the bottom of mysterious “sick building” syndrome for you.
Call ABEL Heating and Cooling Today
If employers or customers feel ill inside a building, there’s a chance that something in the indoor environment is causing the problem. It may take someone like ABEL Heating and Cooling, with the “big picture” knowledge and experience of a Certified Environmental Professional, to get to the heart of the matter.
Please call us today!
What our customers say:
Great service! Responded promptly on a VERY cold day. Identified the source of the problem, made necessary repair, AND explained what had happened. Will keep their contact information close and am happy to recommend them!"
– David Rubenstein
Out of 4 HVAC companies that we dealt with during the -30 degree cold snap and our furnace breaking down, Abel far exceeded them all! All of their staff are friendly, understanding, and knowledgeable. They were upfront about pricing, arrived quickly, and were very pleasant to work with! We definitely recommend their services and will use them again!!
– Christine Bluhm
We called Abel Heating and Cooling on short notice to come out and fix a couple of issues that we had with our building. They we're able to make it out fast, were efficient and friendly the whole way through".
– Dart Experience
Worry free guarantee