Furnace & Boiler Maintenance
Heating Tune-Ups, Inspection & Maintenance keep your system running quietly and efficiently
Residential Furnace & Boiler Maintenance
Proper maintenance prevents poor heating performance and avoids costly repairs. It can also help prevent your heating system from going out at the worst possible time.
Professionally cleaned and maintained equipment will extend its life, pay for itself in fewer breakdowns and higher efficiency and reliability, and provide peace of mind for you and your family. In addition to our 20 Point Precision Plan below, we also check CO levels on each visit.
ABEL’s 20 Point Precision Furnace Tune-Up Plan:
- Inspect and clean thermostat and adjust as necessary
- Inspect and test all safety controls
- Inspect and clean pilot assemblies
- Clean burners and burner compartment
- Inspect for gas leaks
- Inspect and adjust gas pressures
- Inspect flame rectification
- Inspect flue for proper draft
- Clear condensate traps on high efficiency units
- Inspect all drain lines in high efficiency units
- Inspect electrical connections
- Inspect blower motor operations
- Lubricate blower motor and bearings if applicable
- Clean and inspect blower assembly
- Inspect filter and instruct customer on filter maintenance (filter not included)
- Visually inspect heat exchanger
- Inspect pressure switches and vent blower operation
- Adjust humidifier dampers
- Wipe down equipment interior & exterior
- Leave work area clean
*For recommendations and tune-up notes, please refer to the service ticket provided by your technician.
What Our Customers Say
"Out of 4 HVAC companies that we dealt with during the -30 degree cold snap and our furnace breaking down, Abel far exceeded them all! All of their staff are friendly, understanding, and knowledgeable. They were upfront about pricing, arrived quickly, and were very pleasant to work with! We definitely recommend their services and will use them again!"
– Christine Bluhm
"Great service! Responded promptly on a VERY cold day. Identified the source of the problem, made necessary repair, AND explained what had happened. Will keep their contact information close and am happy to recommend them!"
– David Rubenstein
“As a facilities manager, I have real peace of mind knowing Fred is only a phone call away. He keeps our equipment in top condition, solves any equipment problems and works with me to keep our costs down. I can strongly recommend Fred and ABEL Heating and Cooling to any company if they value peace of mind in the mechanical operations of their facility.”
- Harold M
“The landlord had two different service companies look at the problem. Their solution was to add equipment for a cost to American Express of approximately $10,000. This was not an acceptable solution. Upon completion of ABEL Heating and Cooling’s detailed site analysis, it was presented to us that a simple modification would solve the problem vs. adding equipment. The recommendation from ABEL Heating and Cooling worked and saved American Express $8,000 on this one issue.”
- Joe Swanson – American Express Real Estate
Is there anything I can check myself before I call you for service?
Yes. Make sure the thermostat is on and your equipment is getting power. There is a power switch on the furnace and a service disconnect on the air conditioner. Also, check your building’s breaker or fuse box. If all of these things are functioning properly and your issue still exists, you probably need to call for assistance.
Is ABEL Heating and Cooling locally owned and operated?
We sure are! Feel free to come out, have a cup of coffee and see us in person.
6501 County Rd 15
Minnetrista, MN 55364
What certifications, associations & Licenses does ABEL Heating and Cooling have?
- We are a member of the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and hold an “A+” rating.
- We have an “A” rating on Angie’s List.
- We are a member of the IAQA (Indoor Air Quality Association) .
- We hire NATE Certified technicians (North American Technician Excellence).
- We are licensed Master Gas Fitters, Warm Air & Hot Water technicians.
- We are EPA Refrigerant Certified